- Telephone number
- Email address
- Other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
The North Star News Group, Inc. (“The North Star”) is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, you may provide two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and website use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse the Site.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU CHOOSE TO PROVIDE.
- Registration InformationYou will provide information about yourself, your firm or company, and your practices by filling in forms on our Site (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by mail, phone, email or otherwise, including when you: when you purchase our products and services, register for forum support, or register for email newsletters and alerts.
- Purchase Information
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
- Email InformationIf you choose to correspond via email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and the responses.
- WEBSITE USE INFORMATION. Similar to other commercial websites, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- SUPPLEMENTED DATA. Supplemented Data may be received about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, in which case we may combine this data with information we already have about you so that we can update, expand and analyze the accuracy of our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Operate Our Site:
We use the information collected to (i) respond to your requests; (ii) provide customer service (e.g., to resolve disputes, problems with the Site); (iii) personalize your experience by providing content on the Site, including targeted advertising that we believe may be of most interest to you; (iv) improve the Site; and (v) provide you with a safe, efficient, and customized experience.
- Analyze and Aggregate Non-Personal Information:
We use aggregate information about our users and non-personal information to analyze Site and user behavior and prepare aggregated reports.
- Communicate With You:
We use your information to contact you to maintain the Site, to comply with your stated communication preferences, to provide other services requested by you, as described at the time when we collect the information from you, to send you marketing communications, or contact you for other purposes authorized by law.
- Order Information:
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Device Information:
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information collected on the Site may be shared with:
- The North Star Corporate Family:
We may share the information we collect about you with The North Star corporate family, including The North Star News Group, Inc., and our affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as with third-party suppliers. The information may be disclosed to: (i) provide joint content and our services (e.g., registration, transactions, analytics and customer support); (ii) help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, violations of our policies, fraud and/or data security breaches; and (iii) guide decisions about our or a third-party’s products, sites, applications, services, tools and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications and you will have the opportunity to opt-out in email communications.
- Service Providers and Other Third-Parties:
We may disclose your information to service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, order processors, fraud investigations, advertising, site analytics and operations). For example, we use WooCommerce to power our online store–you can read more about how WooCommerce uses your Personal Information here: https://www.woocommerce.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Other Entities with Your Consent:
Other third-parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service). On the Site, you may have opportunities to express interest in or register for other services. If you do, we will provide information about you to those third-parties, or parties working on their behalf, to implement your request.
We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights. In such events, we will only disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, user ID history, IP address, fraud complaints and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
- Change of Control – New Owners:
- Ad Networks:On the Site, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. For more information about third-party ad servers at our Site and your ability to opt-out of targeted advertising from such third-parties, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. The effect of an opt-out may be to stop targeted advertising, but it may still allow the collection of usage data for certain purposes (e.g., research, analytics and internal online services operation purposes).
- Companies in The Mobile App Industry:
If you access the Site through a mobile device, we may also share your information with carriers, operating systems and platforms.
- Information You Share on the Site
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
You can control how and when you want to receive notifications from us on the Site by following instructions within the notices.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A few additional important things you should know about our use of tracking technologies (e.g., cookies, HTML-5 stored technologies):
- We offer certain features that are available only through the use of tracking technologies.
- We use both session and persistent tracking technologies. Tracking technologies (e.g., cookies) can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser). You are always free to decline tracking technologies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site. Refer to the help section of your browser, browser extensions, or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling tracking technologies such as cookies.
- With your prior consent as obtained through your use of this Site.
- You may encounter tracking technologies/cookies from our third-party service providers that we have allowed on our Site that assist us with various aspects of our Site operations and services, such as Google Analytics.
- You also may encounter tracking technologies from third-parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorized. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
- We may target and track the videos you view on the Site. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through the Site or third-party social media for up to two years or as permitted by applicable law or until consent is withdrawn.>
Notice to California and European Economic Area Residents
- Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third-parties to which our Site has disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at email@example.com. For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals for California Residents: California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how we respond to “Do Not Track” browser settings. We do not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
- Notice to EEA Residents:If data is processed in the European Economic Area, you may be entitled to request information from us regarding your personal information stored by us and to have your personal data corrected, deleted and blocked by us in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us by using the contact information as set out above.
The Site is a general audience site and it is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information via our websites, applications, services, or tools from users in this age group.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
WHAT ABOUT OTHER WEBSITES LINKED TO THIS SITE?
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. We retain Personal Information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity:
The North Star News Group, Inc.
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: ATTN: DATA PROTECTION OFFICE
1000 Whitlock Avenue, Suite 320 #351
Marietta, GA 30064
Telephone number:(404) 480-0882
LAST UPDATED: MARCH 28, 2019