Thirty years ago in the town of Eugene, Oregon, a group of super-liberal hippies came to the conclusion, which the rest of the country is just now coming to, that police are not equipped to deal with most of the calls they receive. Only 4 percent of incidents police are dispatched to are actual violent crimes, meaning that the remaining 96 percent include traffic violations, mental health crises and calls regarding homelessness, etc. Police officers, who are really just a domestic military force, arrive on the scene armed with guns, tasers and batons. They bring violence into nonviolent situations, immediately escalating them. They arrest, brutalize and murder people who desperately need the help of trained professionals.
For your security, we need to re-authenticate you.
Click the link we sent to , or click here to log in.